If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
CAS No. : 12008-29-6
EINECS No.: 234-535-8
Appearance: dark grey
Molecular Formula: SiB6
Molecular Weight: 92.952
About Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder:
Boron silicon (Silicon Hexaboride) is a shiny black-gray powder with a relative density of 3.0g/cm3 and a melting point of 2200°C. Silicon boride is a lightweight ceramic compound formed between silicon and boron. It is insoluble in water, resistant to oxidation, thermal shock, and chemical attack, especially with high strength and stability under thermal shock. The grinding efficiency is higher than that of boron carbide.
The SiB6 crystal structure includes interconnected icosahedrons (polyhedrons with 20 faces), icosahedral hexahedrons (polyhedrons with 26 faces), and isolated silicon and boron atoms. Compared to hexaboride, it is metastable. However, since crystal nucleation and growth are relatively easy, they can be prepared.
When heated in air or oxygen, the surface of SiB6 is oxidized, and it is attacked by boiling sulfuric acid and fluorine, chlorine and bromine at high temperatures. Silicon boride is conductive. The hexaboride has a low thermal expansion coefficient and a large nuclear cross-section for thermal neutrons. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder in bulk.
Feature of Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder:
1. Nano-silicon boride has high purity, small particle size distribution, high specific surface area.
2. The melting point up to 2230 °C. It can not be soluble in water and anti–oxidation and high resistance to chemical attack. especially in the high thermal impact and stability;
3. Grinding efficiency of silicon boride is higher than that of boron carbide, it can be used as abrasives, grinding and engineering ceramics such as nozzles, gas turbine blades and other different sintering conditions and sealing line
How is Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder produced?
A kind of step of preparing silicon boride powder is as follows:
Silicon powder with an average particle size of less than 1 micron and boron powder with an average particle size of fewer than 20 microns are mixed uniformly by a ceramic ball milling tank; the weight ratio of silicon powder and boron powder is 2.85-2.95:7.
After loading the crucible, put it into the gas protection furnace, pass in argon gas, and heat up to 1400-160 (TC, hold for 50-70 minutes;
At the beginning of heat preservation, put ASiCl4 into the furnace, 3-5ml per minute, dripping time 9-11 minutes;
After cooling, the final SiB6 powder product is obtained by crushing with a ceramic pot ball mill.
Application of Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder:
Main uses of silicon boride SiB6 Powder:
1. Used as various standard abrasives and grinding cemented carbides;
2. Used as engineering ceramic materials, as various standard abrasives, and grinding cemented carbide.
3. It is also used as engineering ceramic materials, sandblasting nozzles, and manufacturing blades of gas engines and other special-shaped sintered parts and seals.
4. Used as an anti-oxidant for refractory materials.
Storage Condition of Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder:
The damp reunion will affect SiB6 powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, silicon boride SiB6 powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the silicon boride SiB6 powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the SiB6 powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Silicon Boride SiB6 Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depend on the silicon boride SiB6 powder quantity.
Silicon boride SiB6 powder packing:vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Silicon boride SiB6 powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea, by air, by express, as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Silicon Boride Properties
|Other Names||silicon hexaboride, SiB6 powder|
|Appearance||Dark Grey to Black Powder|
|Solubility in H2O||Insoluble|
Silicon Boride Health & Safety Information