If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is it?
Manganese dioxide has an organic compound chemical formula of MnO2. It can be found as a black amorphous crystal or black orthorhombic stone. It is insoluble when it comes into contact with water, weak acids, weak bases, and cold sulfic acid. Used as an oxidant, rust removal, and catalyst in the preparation of manganese sodium salts.
The characteristics of MnO2 Pulver
1. Acidity and acidity: Manganese dioxide is an amphoteric dioxide. This is a stable, black powdery solid at ambient temperature that can be used as an alkalizer to dry batteries. Its oxidizing ability is frequently used in laboratories. In order to produce chlorine gas, it reacts with concentrated HCl.
2. Manganese dioxide can be described as an amphoteric ore, and there are also corresponding salts such as BaMnO3/SrMnO3 (obtained from a compound reaction in an alkali system), , and manganese trichloride. .
3. The reaction of a reducing agent with an oxidizing agent is known as oxidizing. For example, manganese dioxide is heated to 1400K using a hydrogen stream to make manganese oxide. Manganese dioxide can then be heated to brown-black manganese triooxide by heating it in an ammoniastream. To make chloride manganese and chlorine, concentrated hydrochloric acid is used to react with manganese dioxide.
4. The strong oxidants also have a reduced form. When manganese dioxide and potassium carbonate or potassium nitrate are combined and melted, you can get a dark green melting solution. This can then be dissolved into water and cooled to produce potassium manganate which is a compound containing hexavalent magnese. It is a strong oxidant when used in acidic media.
5. Strong oxidant. It does not burn by its own, but it supports combustion.
6. As a catalyst  for the reaction of potassium chlorate (KClO3] decomposition, and hydrogen peroxide(hydrogen peroxide H2O2) decay.
Manganese Dioxide Properties
|manganese oxide, MnO2 powder|
Solubility of H2O
Manganese Dioxide MnO2 CAS 1313-13-9
Application of MnO2 Powder
Organic chemistry uses manganese dioxide extensively. Manganese oxide can be used in various forms. This is because manganese dioxide has multiple crystalline forms. The chemical formula for manganese dioxide is MnO2x(H2O),n. Where x is between 0 to 0.5 and n is greater than 0. You can make manganese dioxide by reacting potassium permanganate with manganese sulfate at different pH.
Manganese dioxide has a specific chemical reaction that converts alcohols to aldehydes. Manganese dioxide won’t oxidize alcohols that have double bonds. It does not matter how active the product may be. Manganese dioxide can oxidize diols into dialdehydes. You can use manganese dioxide to oxidize amines as well as aromatics and triols.
2. Laboratory use
It can be used in a reaction with elemental aluminium powder to get manganese. Used to make yellow glass, pigments, etc. To produce chlorine, react with hot concentrated hydrochloric Acid in the oven; then react with molten potassium potash in the atmosphere to produce potassium magnate. In the decomposition reaction for potassium permanganate manganese dioxide serves as high Potassium Manganate autocatalyst.
The main supplier for MnO2 Powder
Tech Co., Ltd. () is a professional
Over 12 years’ experience in chemical product development and research. We accept credit cards, T/T and West Union payments. We will ship goods overseas via FedEx, DHL and by air or sea to our customers.
You can find high-quality powdered boron carbide here
Please contact us
Send an inquiry